At Colonel Light Gardens we have a Bring Your Own device program for Year 6 and 7 students. We aim to foster a sense of responsibility and personalised access to technology to enhance the students learning. By equipping them with their own device we are empowering them with a tool to communicate, inquire and collaborate.
The benefits of a BYOD program are:
- increased student participation due to better access to technology
- increased student driven learning, students have more control over their learning
- better student organisation with easy access to email, calendar and reminders
- personalised learning; students can choose which applications they use to complete investigations and thinking and are able to store all their work on one device, giving them access to their learning anytime and anywhere
- increased student responsibility, in caring for the device
- a better connection with home and school
- supporting the iPad program that students move on to at Unley High school.